Saturday, January 29, 2022

Conway Loop

 

The temperature was right below freezing when I got up, but the sky was clear, and it looked to be a good day. I didn't watch the news to find out; so much bad news. I haven't ran a 15+ mile run this year yet, I think, and so I decided to do the Conway loop.  This is a loop I've been doing a lot in the past couple years, of about 17 miles, which is flat and by the river and farms. This morning was a particularly nice one, with empty farm roads, frozen standing water, winter fowl, and long views. I ran pretty well for me, which is always nice when it happens. Nothing super fast, but steady.

Today also will likely mark the completion of my team's circumnavigation of the globe. Over 30,000 miles by ten runners, in less than 16 months. This effort has been a wonderful distraction from the world, and has pushed me out the door many days when I might not have gone out otherwise.  We have some bonus regions now to pursue, but I just might start all over again after these, if the powers that be allow it.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scottie! Big congrats on finishing the circumnavigation. What a cool effort. I'd love to see a map of the virtual route and wonder how often you imagined the virtual global geography as you ran through local geography (hope that makes sense/. I've been missing your posts - I haven't received an email notification in a long time - turns out an issue on my end that is now fixed. But really am over reliance on email notification on my part. Thanks for continuing to blog and for sharing your adventures outside of Facebook etc. I read your 2021 wrap up post and working through the ones I missed. Congrats on your second virtual NYC marathon too. Very inspiring :) Keep on running and blogging and being you. Cheers. Seth.

Scotty said...

Thanks Seth! I'm inspired--I'll try to keep this up a little better! With the pandemic, I've been doing less events and going to fewer crowded trailheads, and trails and events usually trigger my activity here. Thanks re: NYC too--thought of you, and finished in just about the same spot in 2021. Let's talk soon! - Scotty