Monday, June 24, 2024

Kauai

 

We went to Kauai not too long ago, and so I want to include some photos here of that trip, as I'm catching up here. There wasn't a lot of running, but there was a boat ride on the legendary Na Pali Coast, as well as a tube ride through irrigation tunnels that were sometimes a half mile long. Farmers markets, a luau, and lots of aloha every day, looking out at the ocean blue.


A visit to the Kauai Museum - Hawaiian history is very interesting.



A tribute to surfing legend Andy Irons of Hanalei. 




I didn't bring my camera on the tube ride, but it was better than advertised. The actual tube ride was about an hour long I think, and it went through five tunnels on an irrigation ditch. The tunnels were claustrophobic--they went on for up to half a mile and were truly underneath mountains/hills, with limited overhead clearance. We had helmets and headlamps.

Just another Kauai sunrise..

Father and son at a well known ukulele store-they were great

I have so many of these pics--they never get old


Bought this from a guy making them at Wailua Falls for $10

Na Pali cliffs from our Blue Dolphins snorkel tour--I think this is Kalalau Beach, but not 100% sure as I type - we got there



That's a dolphin--maybe two. There were lots of spinners.


Love the farmer's markets. Prices seemed higher than in the past... a common story everywhere, I suppose.


Luau at the Kilohana Plantation in Lihue - we've been to a few of these around Hawaii and this was on the upper end of our faves


Hanalei taro fields

Tiki Iniki - Michele and Todd Rundgren's bar in Princeville. Todd is a R&R HOFer and well-known innovator. This bar was great. We are proud owners of a Tiki God goblet now, thanks to friends.


Hanalei pier - one of the prettier places I've been, though this pic fails to capture that


Kauai Sunrise


Kauai Moonrise

No comments: