Monday, June 1, 2020

Skagit from Home


I've had some terrific Saturdays journeying from home around the Skagit Valley this month. I've made two trips out to Conway and back, exploring the dike trails and farm fields of the south valley. A couple Saturdays ago I wandered north along the Skagit through Burlington and then out to Sedro-Woolley, and then back via Clear Lake. I've also had a couple trips out to Clear Lake and the Taylors for a sit and talk in their yard.

I signed up for the Great Virtual Run Across Tennessee, which requires covering some 630 miles or so virtually between May and the end of August. It has really motivated me to be steady, as I put in miles every single day in May. A streak! In total, I think I'm at 236 miles so far. There hasn't been too much trail--mostly country roads and the neighborhoods of Mount Vernon during the week. But as always, getting outside on my feet is a welcome distraction from all that is going on in the world.




No comments: