Sunday, May 10, 2020

Conway


This is the spring of solo distancing the valley. Last weekend I did the old Nookachamps half marathon route, and visited with the Taylors. This week, I did a loop from home to Conway and back, adding up to 16 miles. I've always wanted to do this route, and it ended up being one of my favorite Saturday mornings in quite some time.

Most of my day was a walk. Up early, the temps were in the 50s or 60s, but the sun really came out, and we hit 80 by midday. I wandered south through Mount Vernon until I got on the Conway frontage road, and too that straight out. Came back via the Dike Road, and walked part of the dike along the Skagit River.

So many little things to see. Painted barns, hand-painted signs, honor pay system fruit stands, recently planted fields, the river, Mount Baker.  Just one of those gorgeous days, with nothing to worry about but moving on.

I am doing the Great Virtual Run Across Tennessee. I'm supposed to cover over 600 miles in four months, which means 30 to 40 miles per week. So far so good--I'm getting out more, which is sure to lead to good things.

The coronvirus thing is in the news, in every discussion. Shuffling the feet outdoors is the best distraction.














No comments: