Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Skagit Flats Half Marathon


I ran the Skagit Flats Half Marathon on Sunday.  I think the first time I ran this race was in 2002 with some school friends. Still ticking, still clicking.  The event is becoming a real favorite of mine, because it is so beautiful, it is so local, and because I can come home and watch the first week of football afterwards.

The race starts at Burlington-Edison High School, and is an out and back through the Skagit Valley, finishing back on the school track. The event has been around 41 years now, and my friend Stan has ran the full just about every one of those years.  I originally signed up for the full, but switched down when I realized it would've been a bit too much for me, going into the week.

I ran a 2:27, which is both faster and slower than I would've liked. I was running a bit quicker until August, but my training has fallen off.  Now trying to get back to basics. It was a good day out there, just the same. Thank you to all the cross country teams and Skagit Runners for putting on a top notch event, like always. You are the best.

No comments: