Saturday, October 15, 2011

Maple Pass


Went up to Maple Pass in the North Cascades this Saturday on a clear blue day.  This is a hike well known for its gold larches in the late fall. Full parking lot--everyone had smiles.

We hit it just about right, with many many larches turning gold now. The snow level is at about 6000 feet. Getting to see the larches against the fresh snow is pretty special stuff.  The views of Cutthroat Pass, and other valleys and mountains, dusted with snow, were similarly fantastic.

Not a long day, and it was just hiking. I need to crank up my running, but I still have issues with tendons/ligaments behind my left knee. Taking it easy seems smart, and hiking doesn't bother me.








5 comments:

Mike said...

Beautiful pics!!

Scotty said...

Thanks Mike! The larches are pretty cool.

Unknown said...

Looks awesome Scott. I need to get more adventurous and do more of this type of stuff.

Scotty said...

Hey Charlie! Yeah, it was gorgeous! Let me know if you want to carpool sometime.

Ultradweeb said...

Excellent Pictures Scotty, looks like a great time bud!