Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ice Caves


The Ice Caves trail is off the Mountain Loop Highway, east of Granite Falls. Significant blowdowns midway in, with snow not too deep. A very popular trail in the summer, and potentially hazardous due to falling rock and ice. I'm not sure how far--a few hours in the snow.

Here are a few pics. Based on forecasts and reports, there's a whole lot more snow up there now then there was on Sunday. The Mountain Loop Highway is definitely a place worthy of further exploration. I'm thinking maybe a snowshoe trip or two is in order this winter.

Christmas was good, but short. Family time in Kirkland, with a memorable egg nog pie. I've caught a frustrating cold, but am considering jogging the Last Chance on Friday, if work and health allow. If not, oh well.

As I wrote the word "jog", I thought--people don't use the term jogger too much anymore, except with kid joggers.  Maybe next year I'm going to be a jogger. A super jogger.





No comments: