Saturday, December 4, 2010

Fairhaven Frosty 10k


The GBRC Fairhaven Frosty 10k lived up to its namesake today, with frost on the benches, frost on the road, frost on the grass--frost everywhere. Perfectly clear skies, temps in the 30s. A good morning for running. A lot of the regulars from the GBRC and the Wednesday night track group showed up, either to run or volunteer. Always good to chatter. That second loop drags a bit. Love that Great Harvest Bread at the finish, that Tony's coffee afterwards, and that Apple Cup at the end of the day.

Thank you volunteers!

I ran poorly--my legs felt like dead weights. I had no circulation and extremely tight hamstrings. It seemed like I rarely could get anaerobic--the legs and stomach just wouldn't cooperate. I attribute this all to the cold, a slow recovery from last week's Seattle marathon, and unwisely eating at the Taco Truck last night. No big, but I would like to run a good 10k (by my standards) sometime in the next few months. So, I'm a little dissapointed that my bad days aren't better. But you have to get out there to find out these things, and a little bit of honest self-assessment is good for me.

OR...."maybe I should chug on over to Mamby-Pamby Land where I can find some self-confidence for me, you jack wagon." (It's a commercial, if you haven't heard it. Cracks me up.)







No comments: