Thursday, July 13, 2023

The Great Sedro-Wolley Footrace

 


For the record, I participated in the Sedro-Wolley Footrace on the 4th of July, once again. My finish time was around 57 minutes for the 5.17 mile course. It was hot and I was very slow, as I just came off of COVID for the first time a week or two before. I felt it as I tried to shuffle through the loop. Glad to be able to run and be out there, nonetheless. Many of the usual suspects were there, and it was good to say hello to all before the race. After the race, I beelined for the car, home, and a movie on the couch.

I'm off pace this year for my once a month average. It seems like there are less 10ks around, and with the price of gas and other family and work duties, I'm not quite as anxious to find a line to toe. I do have a few things I'm signed up for in the months ahead. I'm also doing the GVRAT virtual run again, but I'm about 70 miles behind schedule as I write, due to travel and being sick in June. I'm not quire ready to throw in the towel though, and I can use the steady training.

No comments: