Sunday, October 17, 2021

Snohomish River Run Marathon

 


Adding the Snohomish River Run Marathon to the race list for this year. I got up early50 this Sunday morning, and drove south to Snohomish. I've been a little curious about running down in this area. I know there are a few long trails. This event included the south side of the Centennial Trail, downtown, and then a long out and back on the River Road plus a trail to be named later.

It was supposed to rain and be windy, but instead we got great, 50s degree weather. The trees are all changing colors, and there were views looking across the Snohomish Valley. Very pretty day for running.

I ran well for me. It must be that I didn't sabotage my day with bad eating the day before, and I've been running steady with the virtual runs. Finished at 4:22 or so, which is my best time in a long time. I kept it very steady at about 10 minutes per mile, and didn't really fall apart. Glad to be able to get out and do these things still.

My friend Eric ran too, and well, but we were unable to connect. One of these days we'll share some trail.

The marathon had about 300 runners. The half seemed to have many more. A nice red jacket, red shirt and big medal came with this event, which is celebrating its 10th year. The event is put on by the Snohomish Running Company, and they can use support--great effort was put into making this all happen, and keeping the participants happy. I particularly liked the frequent aid stations.

Downtown Snohomish has a whole lot of bistros, alehouses and such. Will have to visit again some time. I opted for Ivars in Marysville on the way home, followed by some RedZone on the couch.

No comments: