Saturday, November 10, 2018

Fowl Run


Another November first weekend Fowl Run in the books today.  The weather was good running weather, with single layer temps, no rain, and just a little breeze. As always, the Fowl Run--this being the 40th year even--was hosted with great skill by Skagit Runners. Thank you volunteers and friends for always doing such a great job.

I ran the 10k, and finished under an hour (56 minutes0, which was a goal of mine at the start of the year--that is, get my 10k time under an hour again. It's been a while. So, I'm pleased, particularly given I ran a marathon last Sunday in New York. I kind of cramped up though in NYC, and so while I finished that race recently, it was an easy recovery week.

The snow geese are back. There were a couple fields full of them on the run, and I also saw a few swan flying in formation. There were lots of runners this year, and pumpkin pie and apple cider back at the school, among other treats. I didn't stick around to see if I won a turkey, although I saw some little kid walk off with one. 

This is one terrific community race. 






No comments: