Sunday, September 10, 2017

Skagit Flats Half

Today, during the Skagit Flats Half, I saw:

Cows
Horses
Barns
Corn fields
Berry fields
Pumpkin fields
Burlington-Edison High School
Skagit Cross-country teams volunteering at aid stations
Friends volunteering
A church
A big dog at the end of a driveway (barking)
Birds
North Cascades mountains
San Juan Island mountains
Local police and search and rescue
Thirteen mile markers
This is one of the Skagit Runners Club's key races. I think the first time I did the half was in 2001. My friend Stanley first did it in 1979.  It's a simple out and back, with an option of a full or a half. There were about 400 runners, I'm guessing, and plenty of space on quiet country roads on the return side of things. I was slow, but I was happy. Afterwards, the first week of the NFL season. A good way to kick off the fall.

No comments: