Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Chicago


Last week I had opportunity to visit Chicago for the first time. I only got to run once, out to and around Millennium Park and Soldier Field, but we made it all around the town, as these pictures will show. A really fun town to visit. Very easy to get around via the trains and bus system. Highly recommend the Art Institute of Chicago, even if for an hour or two. Some of the great paintings of the world are there. Also, the Hard Rock Hotel was lots of fun--a free electric guitar comes with the room. And, Jackson Browne with Sara Watkins at the Chicago Theater- par excellence.

One of these days I'd like to do the Chicago Marathon, which I can tell would be great, with all the amazing architecture and the lake front. Much to like about Chicago.

P.S. For those who know, yes, that's my Yankee Hotel Foxtrot "outtake" cover photo below.  Taken from a water taxi in the Chicago River.

 










No comments: