Friday, March 2, 2012

Pike Place Market, Early AM

  








After spending the night in downtown Seattle, I got up early on Sunday and went for a short run, ending it with a walk around Pike Place Market.  Seattle's favorite tourist destination has a decidedly different look in the early AM, as vendors prepare for the day. Recommend doing this--I used to do it every now and then, but its been a few years now. I took a few photos, and wanted to post them here. If you have a blog, might as well use it.

I grabbed a latte at the original Starbucks, talked to the fish stand people who were unloading a load from Craig, Alaska, and more or less just took things in. My father grew up in the Madison area of Seattle in the 1940s, and has told me stories of riding his bike here to pick up smelt for Grandma to cook.

No comments: