Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Fragrance Lake in February





A few pictures here of my Fragrance Lake jog/hike/run effort from last Saturday morning. I'd like to eventually get pictures posted of this little gem of a lake during each month of the year. I suppose the last picture is bit of an "outlier"---it is a view  from Two Dollar Bill ridge on the way out. FWIW, this lake and Two Dollar Bill ridge are at or around mile 10 or so of the Chuckanut 50k. Fragrance Lake is a favorite place of mine, and a default destination when injured or short on time.

Saturday morning was one of those days, with winds going this way and that, and snow reported here and there. This sequence is memorable to me, as it wasn't snowing when I was jogging and taking pictures around the lake, but it started snowing right afterwards, as I climbed above the basin. This has been a mild winter, but there are no rules when it comes to February weather around here.

I'm still not getting major miles in--just listening to the body. I might run the Honeywagon 1/2 this weekend, or may opt to do something nearer to home. Not sure. Probably will decide Friday night.

No comments: