Saturday, May 28, 2011

Chuckanut Calf Cramper


Memorial Day Weekend. After a few busy months--and a particularly busy week which included two Seattle trips--I'm happy to keep things near to home. I might actually clean up the back yard, or start an indoors project, depending how this decidedly undecided weather turns. Maybe I'll crockpot something. Serious domestication.

This morning I participated in a Club Fat Ass event, generously put together by Genissa, named the Chuckanut Calf Cramper. Various route options were available. I started at the North Chuckanut parking lot with seven or eight other souls, and headed up to Raptor Ridge. I was pretty much on my own within 10 minutes, which was fine. I felt horrible--fighting a cold or some other rogue bug. I can run up there, but today it was more hiking, in an occasional light drizzle.

Checked out the view from Raptor Ridge--picture below. Then proceeded to Cedar Lake, which I haven't been to in at least a few years. Boardwalk trails through wetlands were pretty cool. Then over to Pine Lake. The boardwalks there were flooded, due to recent rains. I went for about 50 feet--totally drowned my feet in cold water--then turned around.

Good luck to all my friends in tomorrow's Bellingham Olympics!






No comments: