Saturday, April 30, 2011

Bat Caves


Lots of races this weekend, with friends running at Capitol Peak, Eugene, Vancouver, California, and who knows where else. Good luck and congrats to all! I stayed home, with intentions of working on work, maybe getting some stuff done around the home, and just in general hitting the reset button. I've been going too many directions the past few months. Next week will be Lost Lake, which will be hard and probably a little more than I want, but it'll keep me honest, and the trails are always good.

I decided to run around Blanchard today. A few pics here. Midway up the Last Big Climb, I took a left and checked out the bat caves for a bit. It was wet and too slippery for anything too venturous, but I peaked in a few caves. I haven't been there in a while, and I've never really gone inside any of the caves. I found some ropes for dropping in, but it didn't seem like a good idea. I'm sure there are bats, which is sort of interesting, but it was slippery and it was just me.

Weather has been really tough this spring, moreso than I can remember. We've had late snows over the past few years, but the weather has consistently been rainy and colder than usual. I'm going to have an extra month of heating bills this year.






No comments: