Saturday, February 19, 2011

Woolley Trail Runs 50k


The effort to get in shape continues. Probably should stop eating some food groups, like the junk food group. In the meantime, I'm going to try to bump up the distance, and hopefully the weather will get better, and the world will be filled with happiness.

Today I ran the Woolley Runs 50k, a Terry Sentinella production. Thank you Terry and your all star cast of volunteers. It occurred to me that at least half the volunteers, all very cool peeps, are 100 miler finishers. That's sort of zaney. Everyone smiled so well--it seemed like there was a lot of good will out there on this day. Again, thanks!

It was pretty cold at the start--I probably could see my breath. The hills have snow on them, and I never took off my lightweight jacket. Over 100 people showed up. Chip timing. Cool coins to the finishers. Three different distances. Barbq at the finish. $25.

The course is flat. Really flat. On the drive home I realized there wasn't even a dip on this course. Not one. A cool little stretch of stream crossing, where the feet did get wet. The course starts in Sedro-Woolley and goes upriver to Birdsview (near the Baker Lake turnoff). And back. Four aid stations times two.

I loved it. It was a gorgeous day, with the beautiful river, icy creeks, many bridges, horses and buffalo, good friends and new friends.

I ran ok. Six minutes slower than last year, and I didn't stop at the Tavern this year. I was more focused by this time last year, and so I'll take it, and just keep at it. Music on the way back helped--haven't been doing that lately. Random on the shuffle leads to weird mixes, like Rage, Linkin Park, and then LeAnn Womack.











No comments: