Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mount Eerie


Mount Baker from Mount Eerie in Anacortes



Sometimes steep trail


Sign describing top of the hill


Whidbey Island in distance, Lake Campbell in foreground


There must be some kind of way out of here...


Mount Constitution to the right

It took forever for me to get out today, but the weather cleared up, and I finally pushed myself out to Anacortes. My ankle still hurts, and the trails were very wet, so the best I could do was keep moving, but I got up to Mount Eerie, and explored a few trails.

When I was younger, people used to tell me that witchcraft is practiced on Mount Eerie at night. I have no idea if this is true, but the rumor always stuck with me. For what it's worth, I passed people doing rituals on Mt. Si a few times in the 1980s. Strange things go on in the mountains sometimes.

No comments: