Friday, July 6, 2018

The Great Sedro-Wolley Footrace

Another Fourth of July, another Great Sedro-Woolley Footrace!

This year was gorgeous, with clear sky and nearly 80 degrees out. Highlights for me were seeing Mark, Carolyn, and Stan, old-timer ultra-running peeps. The shirt is also pretty cool this year, with a picture of some people tuckered out after their all-out race. This race is so fun to see everyone dressed up in red, white and blue. I'm running a bit more consistently these days, and so I was pleased to finish 8 minutes faster than last year. Still slow, but I'm able to keep a steady, slow run, without busting too many capillaries, ventricles, and aortas.

Afterwards, we just hung out at home, barbqued, watched the amazing Mariners, and I read a book. A most excellent holiday, all in all.

No comments: