Monday, January 14, 2013

Nookachamps Runs


Instead of running, I helped out at this year’s Nookachamps Runs.  The Nookachamps Runs start and finish at Skagit Valley College, five minutes from my home, and is one of the older running events in Washington.  About 800 runners showed up to run either the 5k, 10k, or a half marathon.

This year was perfect running weather. The night before was one of the colder nights of the year, but there were clear skies come morning, with temps in the thirties. Several friends showed up to run or volunteer, and so it was a good time hanging out. Afterwards, I got in my own run around town.

Good news--I made a bit of progress this past week with my left leg troubles, by finally getting into to see my doctor.  I've been putting this off too long. He went through all sorts of range of motion tests, and then prescribed me physical therapy time. He noted with age the loss of elasticity in some muscles, and the increased need to stretch. Basics, I suppose, and I suspect there’s more at play than this, but I’m giving myself a gold star for finally seeking outside professional assistance.


1/2 Marathon Winner

Stanley - pulling tags

No comments: