Sunday, May 11, 2008

Life In A Northern Town

"Life in a Northern Town" is a new cover of a 1986 UK single by The Dream Academy, currently sung by Jennifer Nettles, Jake Owen and some other country singers. It's playing on Country Countdown right now, and I'm knocking down some coffee, procrastinating meaningful business. The picture to the left is a goat/ram picture, taken by me a couple years ago, in Jasper, Alberta, on the Tonquin Valley trail. Or maybe it was Waterton. Whatever. It is a goat with horns, or a ram. Probably a ram. I was probably too near it. Goats and trail running and the environment go together, and I'm short on material, so here's a goat picture.
-
As far as trail running goes, the North Face Endurance Challenge was here in Bellingham/Skagit this weekend. Maybe I should've ran it, and I kind of wish I did, but it's all sort of silly, considering I did the marathon last Sunday, and I have NB2V in a couple weeks. Also, it was a $100, and it was a tuff 'nuff course. I instead opted to do the Blanchard Ultra loop, which appears to be the second portion of the 50k and 50m race course. In fact, my whole "secret" loop had trail ribbons. Not sure how I feel about that, as the trail was improved with trail work, but there'll probably be more up there now. I think its good. After knocking out the loop, I came back to the rig at the mile 38/18 aid station, and watched a few go by, including Cory from Spokane and a few others I recognized. The race looked well organized, despite rumors to the opposite, and I'm sure the course was tough. On the one hand, I had enough in me that I could've done the 50k, but my own run wasn't inspiring as far as performance goes, but it was gorgeous, with views of the Skagit and Islands. The End.
-
Coda: Life In A Northern Town
-
Sugarland, Little Big Town, Jake Owen et al. (2008)
-
-
The Dream Academy (1986)
-

No comments: